CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Speaking in Code-- with a Southern Drawl

I think i've mentioned before that most people cannot understand me over the phone here. I rarely call places of business for information b/c i know it's useless. Even when I spell words out they cannot make out the letters I'm saying:) I did have to speak to the airline company we are flying with in December on the phone the past 3 days--they have an office in Bangalore. We were having trouble with our credit card processing so I've had to give all my credit card info (Name, address, city, state, zip, telephone #, email, , credit card #, exp date, secret code, etc) a total of 6 times now spelling out each letter! It's been over 4 hours of phone time:) I learned the alphabet code that this airline uses after the first two information sessions. Alpha (A), Bravo (B), Charlie (C), Echo (E), Yankee (Y), etc...so that i could speed up the process. Amazingly they still didn't get some of the letters:) I had to repeat my email address (flipflops) scores of times:) Thankfully the Lord gave me patience and a desire to succeed so we could get to the States in December!:D Finally today there was victory after an hour!:)
Another little communication note is that here they say two letters or numbers in succession as "double T" or "double 2" instead of "t, t" or "2, 2" so i've now got it down to spell "C-o-l-e-double t-e" or they won't understand:)

1 comments:

Adrienne Renea said...

YAY for airline tickets!!!
It's getting nice and fall-like here. We had a cold front blow in this morning..it's nice and cool!
We've been enjoying the pictures and videos!!
Love,
Adrienne