CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

$3 Imports

I've found a number of imported/luxery items (as in toilet paper:) here that cost $3. That's a lot of money here and i have trouble paying for these items at this price when they are so cheap in the states:)

1- 80 count pack of baby wipes...$3
8oz (half the size of American jar) Peanut Butter..$3
1 box of sandwich size ziplocs...$3
4 roll package of toilet paper...over $3 ($4.45)
3 small rolls of paper towels...$3
Bottle of Worcestershire sauce...$3
Bottle of BBQ sauce...$3
Bottle of pancake syrup...over $3 ($4.40)
Tiny bag of almonds...$3
Small jar mayo...$3
Small bottle French's mustard...$3

The list goes on but the moral of the story is don't buy "American" in India:) Except for those baby wipes:) and the peanut butter:) and the toilet paper...:) and the...

4 comments:

Heather said...

...and the pancake syrup :) I'm definitely with you on the other items too! I don't think I could ever get into the Indian "way" of cleaning after using the toilet :)

Melissa said...

Keep that wish list going for when I come out...I'll bring an extra suitcase :)

Colette Frazier said...

Thanks Melissa!
i know i'll need to restock by then:)

Nathan and Rachel Waldock said...

I'm enjoying reading some of your posts. =) It's always interesting to get the perspective of another "foreigner" in this diverse country.

One thing I wanted to mention though, when I read this post - have you ever tried making your own peanut butter? We LOVE peanut butter, but it's so expensive here (as you know). Peanuts aren't very expensive though, so I make a batch of peanut butter almost every week. If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you the recipe. It's really easy, and we have come to like it a lot better than the store-bought stuff. I also have a suggestion for you about pancake syrup that we really like too...remind me to tell you about it!