CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Movies


America has Hollywood, India has Bollywood. Bollywood produces over double the amount of movies each year that Hollywood does! Movies are a big deal here. I didn't realize how big of a deal until I saw an advertisement for the top movie theater here. Seriously, the chairs look like lazy boy recliners! Infact, they do recline! I learned that at this theater there are different levels of movie viewing, kinda like the caste system of cinema:) There's the normal stadium seating like we have in the States called "Classic". Then there's the "Europa" which has even better chairs and waitstaff to serve you food, then there's the "Gold" level which has the recliners and full drink and food service. I think the tickets are pretty affordable for the Classic , maybe $4.00. The Gold level is probably comporable to U.S. prices which means the majority of people can't afford to ever watch a movie in here, but i'm sure the rich are enjoying their lazy boys:)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so excited about your blog! I love seeing the boys and the new video feature is great! I bet the grandparents love it even more than I do.

Colette Frazier said...

Thank you Melissa!
i went to your blog today--i loved seeing you as a bridesmaid! you look so sassy!:)