CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

What's Inside that Anthill?

I've noticed these huge anthills around the city--on the side of the road or in a dirt field. The large ones range from 4-6 ft that I've seen. I wondered why they were allowed to grow this big--seems like a like a health hazard to me:) I figured the ants must be sacred like most animals here in India. Come to find out snakes live in these anthills and snakes are considered hindu gods. To exterminate an anthill would mean messing with the gods (inturn one's fate) therefore noone's going to destroy the 6ft anthill that gets in the way of their soccer game--they just play around it.

4 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

Anthills are one kind of health hazard, but SNAKES...especially native to India....are on a completely different level!!! I would have to say that would be one of my biggest struggles living there - fear of snakes....in fact....that's one of my biggest fears in TX!!!! ; ) Do you have any of those near your house??

Adrienne Renea said...

super ant hills!! What do the boys think of them?
I'm so glad Melissa will be visiting you, I wish I could fit inside one of her suitcases and tag along :c)
I usually try to stay away from pink, but I think it's a girl thing.....and I'm always drawn towards it :c)

tons and tons of love,
adrienne renea

Colette Frazier said...

there aren't any anthills close to our house and i haven't seen any snakes--thank goodness! i wouldn't go outside if i there were snake sightings!!:)

Colette Frazier said...

Thankfully the boys haven't come too close to one of those anthills or i think they'd want to play on it or kick it down:)
I wish you were here too! We are so happy Melissa is here I can't imagine how much fun it would be with you and other people who said they wished they could stow away:)