CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Good and Bad

THE GOOD
Well we went on quite an adventure yesterday to the other side of Bangalore (which was probably only about 5 miles away but took an hour to get there!) We drove thru the crazy traffic to visit an historic Fort and palace. Both were uneventful and are far, far away from making the list of "to do's while in India" as you'll see from the pictures--Bangalore isn't known for its sightseeing. But we did get a great taste of culture...this part of the city is called "Majestic" and is quite a contrast from the wealthier IT parts of town. We received many stares and seemed to be the only foreigners around:) There were bazaars and markets set-up along the sidewalks selling colorful produce and clothing. We braved a drive thru the crowded City Market which comprises rows of streets lined with tiny shops selling anything and everything. There were so many people everywhere--especially in the bus loading area--which we passed thru to and from our car. I had to fend people off from pinching Kai's cheeks--I've learned to do it with a smile:) It was definitely "another world" of Bangalore that I had not explored yet. My Indian friends laughed at me when I told them where we had been. They said "even we Indians don't go to that part of town"--I'm assuming she meant Indians from our side of town:) I had no clue and took my vacationing friend on quite the introductory tour:) She was such a great (and PATIENT) help with the boys!
THE BAD
I'm so sad to report that Melissa got a stomach bug on day #2 in Bangalore. We didn't eat out so we're assuming it was some of the fresh vegetables we ate last night at our friend's house. I was so sad when she told me this morning. But she has been a good sport and even managed smiles while conversing. I am praying that it's a 24 hour thing and that she won't encounter another bug while here.

0 comments: