CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Tax Rebate

My mom and dad told me this morning about the tax rebate that every family in the U.S. will be receiving for filing their taxes. (I'm a little out of the loop:) I couldn't believe that EVERY couple will be getting $1200 plus $300 per child!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I lived there whether or not I'd be so shocked--I'd probably just think "well thanks for giving us our hard earned money back":) but living here you realize how much money that is and how RICH America is. $1200 is more than what most people here make a year! What would it be like if every Indian got $1200--wow a major party:) Although I don't think the poor have to pay taxes here so they might not receive the "free gift".
We were talking to some of our Indian friends and they asked how much minimum wage was in the U.S. We told them and they said most executives don't make that salary here. Although things are cheaper here and it's really hard to live off $8 an hour in the U.S. still the economic contrast is so amazing.

1 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh wow! I didn't know that's what the tax rebate was either!

Wow - America is SO rich....the contrast is almost unbelievable...