CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Potty Training...

Haddon (and momma) have been potty training for the past 6 months! About a month ago I reached the point of bribary/reward:D We did it with Corban who was 3 1/2 before he made the commitment to be diaperless!! I figured I'd try it a little earlier this time:) We set out to find an outstanding toy to put on the shelf to motivate and put some tangibility on this dream. We drove 45 minutes to the "toy castle" store (it looks like a huge castle outside) only to find that it had closed in January....a sad day. So later daddy stopped at a roadside vendor and bought a motorcycle helmet. Both Corban and Haddon have been in awe of all the helmets we see out on the roads. So it sat on top of the tv for a month as the "prize" for wearing big boy underwear and going to the bathroom.

This friday was the helmet ceremony! All week Haddon has been telling me when he needed to go to the bathroom and had no accidents! So he got the "prize". Corban was promised that when Haddon achieved his goal he would also get his helmet. So they are now officially "astronauts"--the real reason these little boys want motorcycle helmets:)






4 comments:

Melissa said...

My little astronauts! They have such big imaginations. When I come to visit, I'll bring some space surprises!

CKR said...

Way to go! I know helmets are very popular at our house too -- now the boys wear them in the van too wit "racing" gloves :) I suppose now they are really safe now in case of an accident!

Heather said...

whoo hoo for Haddon! i'm so excited for him (and you :) )!

Flory Family Five said...

Collette....have you seen our blog? Flory family five. There's even a pic of baby flory!