CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Hot Water

We don't have hot/warm water in our kitchen sink. And I've only seen one dishwasher since I've lived here so ofcourse we don't have one of those:) So this is how we try to sanitize our dishes...we heat up the water in the bathroom (each bathroom has it's own individual water heater that you have to let warm up--if you live in a flat that doesn't have a water heater you take a cold shower--hence the cold water in the kitchen), fill up two buckets, put in some sanitizer, load them onto Haddon's scooter and roll them to the kitchen. Then the boys help me put all the dishes from the sink into the hot water. They soak for awhile and then get washed.

Thankfully our housekeeper washes the dishes so I don't have anything to complain about-- if I had to pick between hot water and my dishes being washed by someone other than me I will gladly take cold water!:)Bathtubs are very rare here too so this is what all the boys WANT to bath in:) I guess you can't really play with toys standing under the faucet:)

0 comments: