CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mango Madness

It's mango season in India and they are everywhere! Fruit vendors line the streets with perfectly stacked pyramids of mangoes on their carts. At the grocery store you can choose from about 6 varieties averaging around .70 cents for 2 pounds (1 kilogram)!! I remember not buying mangoes in the states b/c they were about $1 each! I was told that Lalbaugh--the botanical gardens that we visited with Melissa--has a mango display containing around 400 varieties of mangoes!! I had no idea there were so many! They are dee-lish!!!

2 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh, we are jealous here!!!! I remember in Thailand all the tropical fruits were SO yummy!!!! Pineapple has never been the same! : ) Eat em up!

Anonymous said...

I love mangoes, I'm just TERRIBLE at cutting them. By the time I get it done it seems like, "All of THAT for this little bit of fruit?!?!" But I do love them.