CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

National Foster Care Month

Brian and I are adoption advocates and truly believe in not only the ministry of adoption but transracial/transcultural families as well. I just learned that May is National Foster Care Month. I have often avoided the thought of adopting an older, "hard-to-place" or special needs child b/c of my selfishness and wanting to have a "safe and easy" life. I read this post thru another friend's blog and wanted to share it with you.
I knew this lady in MN and she and her husband have adopted more children than they have borne biologically. She is a supermom (as you'll see in the picture--she homeschools all 9 of her children--ok, some are too young to do school but someday...!!) and i'm glad she is going deep on an issue that i try to stay away from. I know not everyone is called to adopt but this may help you to encourage someone you know who is considering it or help you try to understand that bully (hurting) kid in your child's class. Click here to link to Dorothy's poem.

0 comments: