CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Just an Explanation

Last night I posted about May as National Foster Care Month and adopting hard-to-place children. The reason I mixed these two subjects in the same writing is because older, special needs children are usually in the foster care system. I also posted a link to a poem about why we (I) avoid adopting these children. I realized later that this poem may sound anti-foster care, although she does explain her last stanza in the comments section and clarifies that she is not anti-foster care. My brother and sister-in-law were foster care parents and were wonderful servants to the two girls that lived with them. And I know there are many, many others that have been faithful stewarts of the children that God has placed in their homes. I didn't want to send the wrong message--that Foster Care was bad and everyone should be adopting. Instead I was hoping to link the two because this is where so many of these children are living--in the foster care system.

0 comments: