CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Brian's Away...the Drama Unfolds

Thankfully Brian has had to travel only twice while working here, but for some unknown reason both times have brought drama to the Frazier house. You may or may not remember last time he was gone all the boys and I came down with a stomach bug--our worst illness to date-- for a week:) I was cleaning up kids' messes and making them myself:)
This week proved to be just as adventurous. I posted about night #1 with the invading mosquitoes and the bat doing laps in our living room. Night #2 was just as interesting...i started having mild chest pain in the afternoon but thought nothing of it. I took the boys to a mini carnival to get out the house and noticed the pain getting sharper. Normally I would have just waited til the next day to see if it passed but when you are alone with 3 children you really don't want to take any chances. I pictured myself having a heart attack and my 3 kids stuck in our house w/out a mom until Friday when Brian came home:) (you know that over imaginative mom mind:) So I consulted my doctors...WebMD and Mayoclinic.com:)...they both said if you are having sudden or gradual pain on the left side of your chest seek medical attention immediately. Ok, great, but do i really have to lug 3 kids with me to the emergency room? Yes.
I drove to the clinic down the street--the one that is 24 hour heart emergency care--it was closed. Are you kidding me? So I drove to the next hospital and thankfully was admitted right away. I won't go into to the details of the dark and dingy ER except that my children had not eaten dinner yet (it was after 9pm--how did that happen?) so I fed them crackers as I lay on the bed and prayed they wouldn't ingest a staph infection or deadly disease:D
The doctor gave me a shot to see if the pain would stop (therefore indicating it was just heartburn) and took my vital statistics. Well the pain went down though didn't subside but she assured me I was ok and it was just indigestion. I guess I should have taken a clue from the burping every few hours--next time i'll try TUMS first:) You just have to be sure when there are kids involved though. So I was dismissed and sent away with drugs (antacids). Guess how much my bill was for the E.R. and prescriptions? A whopping $8.15. Amazing! Hence the dark, dingy E.R.:)

Well the drama wasn't over...when we got home at 10pm I realized that our new lock (the one that created the mosquitoes and bat upon installation) wasn't working with the key!! We were locked out! I had to ask the security guard to climb up to the 2nd floor via the balcony rails, go thru my sliding door and unlock the front door for us!!! Thank the Lord we only live one floor up and that I left the sliding door open! We would have been homeless. The day was finally done--kids in bed at 11pm.

The next day, thankfully, held less adventure except for the "terror" child at playgroup biting Haddon's hand, breaking the skin, and me burning my fingers on a hot skillet (genius:). Thankfully I had read that apple cider vinegar takes away burn pain immediately--hey home remedies really do work!

Brian came home last night and we were so happy to see him! Now we can go back to our normal, boring lives:D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, we are two peas in a pod aren't we? Two weeks ago I hurt my shoulder which resulted in arm numbness... I googles it and decided I had a thyroid problem. I went to the DR who said I didn't have thyroid, but he'd test my blood for disease like Lupus. Then I googled Lupus and decided I had it and cried all morning, all the while my arm hurting and getting worse. Then the nurse calls later that day and says my blood work was all fine. Two days later I had sharp indigestion too... I love you. Please move back to Houston someday so I am alone in my hypochondria. All said, I am a stressed out mommy who loves Jesus and needs Him everyday. :) PS Sharp indigestion in sometimes gladdbladder - which I had. It's easy to take care of if you have stones. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I mean gall bladder. My arm still hurts. I either have arthritis, pulled a muscle, or have carpel tunnel. All those illnesses I could accept. : 0 )

Nathan and Rachel Waldock said...

Wow, you had quite the week! I'm sure you're glad Brian is home and life can go back to being "boring" again. =) It was good to see you today!

Spirit of Adoption said...

Ok...I'm not kidding at all...this kind of stuff happens EVERY time Jason leaves!!!

I'm SO glad it was just indigestion!!! Jason would be amazed that somebody is more like me than he thought possible! : )

CKR said...

Oh! Colette? And to think living on Columbus avenue used to be your greatest worry and keep you from sleeping at night and now your hoppin' around town late at night with three little ones and locked out of your house?!! WHAT! God is a gentle Shepherd, isn't He - slowly nudge us deeper and deeper into trusting Him - well, and sometimes taking you to the edge of insanity.

Brenda Renea said...

Wow Colette,
You are a survivor! God's grace abounds... We sure miss you and think of you often. Everytime you mention millions of mosquitos I just think of how much I would whine and complain.