CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bat in the House

Tuesday night we had carpenters here installing new locks on our doors. From 5:30-9:00 pm they had the doors wide open. Given the time of day...dusk to dark it meant 100's of mosquitos were inviting themselves in to visit! Our house was swarming with them!! I was just swinging the racket around and killing like 5 at a time!! The carpenters and I didn't speak the same language so I didn't want to be rude and shut the door (they left it open even when they weren't working on the actual door) so i just left it alone so they could get their work done without feeling watched:)

To top it off a BAT flew into our living room and continously did laps. Corban thought it was the coolest thing ever!! I on the other hand freaked out (if i'm scared of cockroaches just imagine me with a swooping bat!!!) So i gathered the kids--minus entertained Corban--and ran into the bathroom shutting the door. Here we were trapped with millions of mosquitos in the tiny bathroom:) Finally Corban called out that the men had killed the bat. I came out to find it lying on the floor all balled up. I didn't even take pictures of it b/c it was unrecognizable although now i wish i would have just for the memory:) I was hoping the men would take it with them but they left it right where it landed. What did this mean for Scaredy Cat? I had to sweep it up!!!!!!!!!! Ughhhhhh--and put the little furball into the garbage can and take it outside.
Why did I have to do the dirty duty you ask? Brian wasn't home--he got to miss out on this lovely adventure!:D

2 comments:

Heather said...

can't say that I envy you right now :)

Anonymous said...

We've had a couple bats in this old house. The latest one had somehow gotten into the washing machine and when I went to grab a handful of wet clothes I heard a clunk in the machine and saw a drowned hairy mass laying in the bottom. Thankfully Abraham was here and I didn't have to get it out myself. It was the GROSSEST!

Anna Walton is in town this week and we're going to hang out this afternoon. They have a little girl, Moriah, who just turned 1.