CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Wonderful Husband and the Barbie Fridge

My thoughtful husband, aware of our shoebox freezer/ice cave (see pic), had eyed new refrigerators while we were gone. I was ok with the fridge we had--I accepted after about a month living here that fridges are about 1/3 of the size of most american fridges. It helps that you buy about 1/3 the amount of groceries and most packages are tiny here. No gallons of milk or dozen of eggs to try to stuff on the shelf. I was a little sorrowful though (in housework terms:) about our ice cave of a freezer. Many fridges here have a freezer box inside the main fridge. They aren't frost free so when the door on our freezer box broke it was all over. It would only fit about 2 things. Another plus (or minus when you "instant" cook like me) about living here is there aren't many freezer items for sale anyway. So we lived with our 3 ft fridge and ice cave.

But to my surprise, one night driving home as a family, Brian said he was taking us to a secret place. I assumed we were heading to the mall for the kids to play in the arcade:) But atlas, we pulled into an appliance store! He told me I could pick out a fridge with a seperate freezer! I was like a kid in a candy store! We opted for a quality brand--Whirlpool--to make sure it lasts.

The best (or worst) part about Whirlpool fridges in India are they all come with 6 Swarovski crystals studs--3 on each door handle! Oh yes, I am serious...fake diamonds...on a fridge!! I guess that leaves out any bachelors hoping to buy a Whirpool! I just wanted to laugh or find another fridge:) but it fit our price range and was the best brand. So now I have a "Barbie" fridge which seems a little too extravagant for me (the diamonds, not the fridge:) but I do have a freezer that holds more than 2 items!



Ice cave

New freezer

2 comments:

Melissa said...

oooh very nice...the "diamonds" crack me up...

Anonymous said...

Hi Colette, That is so funny about you faux diamond barbie freg. I am glad you have lots more room for your food! About all your experiences maybe a flashlight would help you at the grocery store instead of a candle. ha-ha just a thought. Love reading your blog and please tell Corbin I like his blue cast its very cool.
Irma S.