CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Little Updates and Side Notes...

While we were gone Brian had the car serviced. It now has A/C!!! We no longer have to breath bus fumes! And seatbelts were installed! Driving sanity has greatly increased now that Haddon stays in his seat:)

Kai, at 16 months, started officially choosing walking as his mode of transportation last week. He weighs 30 pounds and is now sharing clothes with Haddon--3T! We are constantly washing their clothes to keep up the supply:) He has now outgrown his cloth diapers which makes for many leaks:) Looks like we'll be potty training soon!:)

Haddon is close to completing the sleep transition. He's usually the "meter" to gauge if we've "arrived" at Bangalore time. He's the one that wakes up at 4am and doesn't know he can just lay there and try to go back to sleep--he's ready to start the day!:) But this morning he slept til 6:45--we're getting there--it's almost been two weeks!

Corban is doing well restraining from running and jumping with his cast. He's pretty good at using his left hand thankfully. He is itching to start school, but momma needs a little more time to get organized. He's at a great age.

Brian got a stomach bug that just keeps going:( His company is growing so quickly--they crossed 100,000 customers and 1,000 employees last month! He is a wonderful husband and my next post will show what a great gift he gave to me.

I'm doing much better than i expected to [re-entry] after having been away in the land of luxery for so long:D Today was a little trying but I did it to myself...I went grocery shopping with 3 boys:)...
Ever pushed 2 carts while grocery shopping? They are so small here that i have to use one to hold boys and one to hold food:)

Ever couldn't find milk? I went to 3 stores before finding some...i bought a whole case:) (Milk comes in boxes here)
Side Note: as an American my shopping list is usually long. It is rare when I can find everything on the list in one stop. Good thing we live close to 3 stores!

Ever shopped by candlelight? There's an energy crisis in the city so lights are out quite often. At our second grocery stop I literally shopped with a candle as wax dripped on my hand.

Ever backed up miles of traffic? I had to do a U-turn at a huge intersection which doesn't have a traffic light (most don't here), which due to small street widths and a non-compact car requires a 5 point turn. Cars/motorcycles/people were inches behind/infront of both bumpers. How am I supposed to move? Talk about being the "center of attention":)

Ever had your grocery bag of frozen goods picked up by the bag boy and accidently given to the person in front of you?
I discovered the goods had gone MIA as I unpacked. Although there was no phone number on the receipt, I knew I couldn't call b/c they wouldn't understand my accent. We had to drive back and tell the story and show the receipt to 6 people...thankfully they believed me:) I got to take home our shrimp and spring rolls:)

We did have a great time returning to playgroup today and we have new friends at church--a family from Ohio. It has been a huge blessing getting to know them. They have a son Haddon's age and another 8 months old. The boys love playing with the oldest son and he's happy to have his first friends in Bangalore.
Thank you Lord for friendships!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but think of the memories you're making for your boys.

Someday they're going to marvel together, "Wow, remember when mom used to grocery shop by candle light?"

You amaze me Colette.

Melissa said...

Oh I am so glad there is a new family for you guys to befriend! A little piece of home. Love the candlelight story and YAY for the AC!!! I KNOW how much that means :)