CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Funny and Not So Funny

FUNNY
Today I called to make an appointment to get Kai his 9 month shots (yes, he's 11 months--a little behind:). My experience so far with doctors is that they can usually see you the same day you are calling and they assume that's what you want to do. They are thrown off a bit when you want to come in a different day. I asked if I could schedule the appointment for Saturday (most doctors work Saturdays) and she said "Will you remember to come if you schedule it so early?":) I laughed and said yes. I didn't tell her that in the u.s. you have to call a month ahead to schedule a well visit!:)
NOT SO FUNNY
So I have tried 4 times to stand in line at the local electricity bill kiosk to pay our overdue bill. This is how it works here...you go to the local atm-like machine in your neighborhood, scan your bill and insert your bills or check like a vending machine. Normally I go after we drop Brian off at work (early morning) and there's no line--too early for most people to be out. Well it took me awhile to get the correct amount of bills this month (it doesn't give change) so i've been trying to go during the day. There's always a line of about 6-10 people. Some are paying multiple people's bills so it takes a very long time. Others have a stack of bills 2 inches thick that have to be fed individually to the machine. Other people think it's ok to cut in line and just go to the #3 spot without waiting like the rest of us. (One guy did this and I tapped him on the back to make him aware there was a line going on here. He just gave me some excuse in a language I couldn't understand:) I had to repeatedly remind myself "The last shall be first and the first shall be last" as people cut so I wouldn't boil over and yell at someone:D)
So each time I've given up--mostly due to my kids sitting in the hot car. The last time I timed it. I was in line 12 minutes and it did not move. No one paid, no one left, I have no idea what was going on. So I left.
I asked one guy in line if there was such a thing as Bill Pay (online payments) here. He said yes-- you have to sign papers at your bank. We definitely have to look into that--or-- just pay on time and beat the rest of the world to the kiosk at 8:30 am:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have a bank account with ICICI, Citibank and the sort (those banks which allow internet based transactions) will have the facility to pay bill. You could also try billjunction.com (the link is http://www.billjunction.com/NewBJ/index.jsp) again it would require either a credit card account or debit account.
I use the citibank for some time now. Its hasle free.