CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shortages

Last year we were highly-involved-viewers (avoiding the word "addicts":) of American Idol. It played here the night following the US show(s) at 8pm. We weren't really hooked on it when we lived in the states (ok, maybe I was, in season 6 while Brian was taking night classes:) but watching it here gives us a feeling of connection to the U.S. So last night as we sat down anticipating the start of the new season at 8pm we flipped through every channel with no avail. I looked on the internet to find out if it was going to show this season and discovered they have changed the time....to 11pm. I was a little dumbfounded by that one because I believe AI is a very popular show here. So the question was...are we going to stay up til 12 or 1 am twice a week watching the show:) Brian quickly said no:) I wouldn't be a very functioning human being on those 3 nights a week 1st round shows:)
So, we are probably better off not being glued to the tv 2-3 nights a week right? The other question is will we be able to resist not turning on the tv at 11pm as we are getting ready to go to bed? Let's hope! This is where DVR would be great:)

In other equally unimportant news...after 1.5 years I finally figured out how to get nails into our concrete walls to hang things. You call the on-sight plumber, he brings his drill and even the screws and makes holes in about 10 minutes. Now I can hang our Indian decor!

Last week for about 4 days there was an oil workers' strike. Most gas stations had empty tanks. I was soooo thankful we had a full tank--thank you Lord!--b/c the few stations that were open had horrendous lines. On Sunday they reopened.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, let me encourage you with this, the first night they had bakini girl on (or some name like that). So we didn't watch it either. I did peek the end of night 2, though. Dave just hates the show... So I don't if we'll get to watch either. Colette, we're so blessed to have such godly husbands. We'll be thanking God for that when AI is a distant memory. (but I still like the show)