CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Update

Since I didn't get to send out Christmas cards I thought I'd post an update on the Frazier crew. Sadly, we don't have a current family picture to include--mainly b/c I'm always behind the camera, and I forget to have everyone pose together:) I was inspired by my friends who did take pictures for Christmas to have some official family photos taken in cultural Indian fashion sometime soon...gotta go shopping:)

Brian is enjoying his work in microfinance. His company surpassed 200,000 customers last month and is growing exponentially. He has recently been able to hire not one but two managers to aid in his departments which has been long awaited. His love for running has been temporarily stunted due to a knee injury that won't go away:( He had planned on running the Mumbai Marathon this month but b/c of his knee and the events that took place there a month ago we won't be going. We are looking forward to Brian's dad and his wife Joni coming soon to visit us!!

Corban is learning about being (the biggest) big brother and how to take care of his smaller siblings. It's a hard balance being 5 and having to be consider the best for his brothers. He is a wonderful student and is learning to read, add, tell time and write in cursive. (Kindergarten has come a long way since I was in it:) He loves dressing up as a superhero and changes costumes up to three times a day:)

Haddon is our sweet 3 yr old who loves singing, repeating and being silly:) He is light footed and full of energy. He's mastered the computer by playing PBS games on the internet while we do school:) He loves to wrestle with his daddy. His favorite movie is Cars which he watched continuously on the airplane to and from India/US. Hence he loves race cars and superheros. He and Corban are best friends even though much time is spent refereeing them. It must be so wonderful to have a brother by your side each and every day. Haddon has a brother on each side of him:)

Kai said his first two syllable word on the airplane back to India..."ku-kee". And you can tell he likes them:) He is a happy boy working his way into toddlerhood. He is going to be our detailed organizer someday...he meticulously folds his baby wash rags over and over, neatly turns the pages of a Bible one by one for long periods of time, builds color-coded lego towers and loves to pick up toys when it's clean-up time. He's our entertainer and ham.

I'm looking ahead at a year of homeschooling 2 boys and potty training 1. Sound like fun? I wouldn't want to be doing anything else and I thank the Lord for my wonderful life. I'm continuing to learn more and more about the traditions and culture in India. I'm thankful for the friends I have here and also the connections I can keep in the U.S. thanks to email, blogs and facebook! It makes the world feel much smaller. This New Year I'm having urges to create all sorts of goals. I'm not usually a goal-oriented person...I like to accomplish things and try my best but I'm usually a here-and-now girl, not a visionary. For some reason I'm ready to set goals for 2009 and also look back with gratitude at 2008 for all the ways the Lord blessed us.

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of our Savior. And we pray for an amazing 2009 ahead.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love you girlie! And your family! And read my new years post on my blog...yes! Reflect and praise Him for His works. And set goals, just a few...

Adrienne Renea said...

Happy New Year's!
I love you all!