CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Tropical Autumn

The past month I have been missing fall...crunchy yellow leaves, pumpkin patches, apple picking, sweater-wearing-football-watching weather. What's funny is that I never missed that in the U.S. After we moved from Minneapolis to Houston I was so excited not to have to endure another winter that I didn't desire any of signs of it coming:) Well now that we live where there are no seasons I've been a little nostalgic about it.

Yesterday morning when I went outside to jog I found a great surprise...
Our complex is beautifully landscaped. On one side of the building there are about 6 trees with little yellow flowers blooming. I'm not sure if it rained during the night or if it was windy, but most of the flowers had fallen to the ground. It looked like fall! Instead of crunchy yellow leaves it was bright yellow flowers...and no sign of winter...perfect! Isn't God so cool!? Not that the flowers fell off just for me:) but He woke me up, got me outside (a huge task in itself) and showed me a little gift of "fall". I had to get the camera.

As a side note...i do love the weather here. You really can't beat California-like weather year round. And right now, even though everything is still green, the temp. is feeling very autumn-like.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!! That is very Fall like. God is so good to us. He gives the tenderest mercies to His beloved CHILDREN. I just commented on the Scheils blog that I am looking forward to them coming home. I am looking forward to you coming home too! Only in His timing, though. However long that is! : ) We love you guys. Been listening to Conspiracy Among Friends! : )