CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Food...for Thought

SALSALICIOUS!

After a year+ I have found salsa that doesn't taste like ketchup and doesn't cost $4 a jar!!! I am so pumped!! I bought every jar they had at the store (this happens when you find something you like here b/c you never know if they'll stock more! i often buy granola bars by the dozens when found:)
Mexican food tastes 500 times better with salsa! We are still minus cheese but to me salsa beats out cheddar any day. I couldn't stop saying how wonderful my cooking tasted the other night simply b/c it had salsa poured on top of it:) Brian says our taste expectations have been lowered since living here:) I won't take that personal...he did have two heaping plates of fajitas:) My mexican food can't touch Papasitos, or even the craving of Taco Bell at this point, but it just got alot more mexicany in my mouth:)


COMFORT FOOD

Our friends in Minnesota told us of the days when they lived in Japan...every night they indulged in a bowl of homemade brownies and vanilla ice cream. Sounds great right? But would you do that if you lived in America...every night? They don't:) Right Christa?:) (Ok, even if you are a dessert addict you might atleast mix up the nightly menu a little, right?)

I really think there is something about living abroad and being just fine with gluttonly eating the same food over and over that you would normally never let your self eat on a daily basis. It's called comfort food and it overtakes any sensible thoughts of health, maintaining weight or willingly feeding addictions.

Our comfort food has become vanilla ice cream with crushed up Oreos. Fantastically we can get oreos imported from Indonesia here!! And when you make it yourself (i mean crush the oreos yourself instead of buying "cookies n'cream") it comes very close to Blue Bell! Try it! Even when Brian decides to take a night off i still sneak in the kitchen and get a little mini bowl of it:) It's so satisfying and i really do enjoy every bite of it...it's American...it's a treat that has become habit.

Our other addiction, and has been before we moved here, is pizza. We order Dominos atleast once a week and lately have been eating way more than we should of that stuff. We recently found out that Papa John's is now in Bangalore! Oh No!

6 comments:

Posh Little Shop said...

Ha! I'm craving ice cream after reading this blog. So glad you found some salsa to quinch that longing for tasty mexican food! :)

Unknown said...

so true...I can remember when I would make trips to Hong Kong with a list of things for 10 different people. Then when I got back I would take months to eat things that I finish in a week or two here in the states. I bought like 10 pounds of cheese once. It was crazy.

Unknown said...

Oh..Josephine is Trey O'Rear

Melissa said...

Yay for the salsa discovery!!! :)

CKR said...

Okay, I have had brownie and ice cream 4 out of the last 7 nights :)

Adrienne Renea said...

I love putting together my own ice cream toppings and mix-ins. You now how your own in house marble slab! Never can have too much ice cream.

hmm..those chairs are expensive(but definitly worth it, right?) maybe we could buy one and share it....course shipping could get a little expensive too. :c)

Love you!