CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Plague

Swine Flu is going around India and has claimed 28 lives last week, 5 in Bangalore. I'm sure some other disease has killed more people in the last week, but Swine flu is the one making people panic. People are wearing masks, schools are closed, hospitals are packed with people in the waiting room hoping to get tested. At the same time the "regular" flu is going around which doesn't help the situation b/c everyone that has regular flu thinks they could possibly have swine flu.

Our family fell ill to some form of influenza last week starting with Kai, traveling to me then to Corban. Brian and Haddon were spared so far. Thankfully the boys got through about 2 days of fever and were back to playing. Momma on the other hand had the intense version that managed to keep me on the couch for 5 days. Today was my first day out of the house since last Tuesday (except to go to the doctor) so I felt like I broke out of a cage:)

So I've been out of blog commission for over a week and hope to post pics of today's outing to a farm very soon.

1 comments:

Matt & Kristin said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were sick!! 5 days on the couch is no good! Glad to hear you are feeling better!