CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

2 Year Top 10

This week marked my 2 year anniversary in India. Brian had his in July. To commemorate the occasion I thought I'd post the top 10 things I love about India...in no certain order except for #1:)

1. Friends, who are family

2. Bangalore weather--year round flip flops!

3. Being able to hire someone to do the dishes and toilets. And we love her which puts her in the #1 category on this list.

4. Getting clothes ironed for 5 cents a piece. Which translates...no ironing in our house...ever!

5. Seeing an amazingly complex culture and National Geographic-like sightings unfold around us each day.

6. The flat bread...roti, chapati, naan, paratha, the list goes on

7. Public transportation, rickshaws and sharing one car...it's so not American:) (Never thought sharing a car would make a top 10 list!! It helps to live close to work. Btw, Brian gets all the credit for taking public transportation/rickshaws not me:) but b/c of it I can keep the car a couple days a week)

8. Cheap mangoes, avocados, pineapples and text messaging:) $5 doctor visits and $10 pedicures (for my Indian friends: I know this is way more than I should pay but it's at an amazingly beautiful outdoor spa and my American friends can vouch that this is so much cheaper than the stinky nail salons in the U.S. :)

9. My friend Sini's cakes...she is also in the #1 category.

10. Everyday reminders of how 95% of the world lives...in poverty.

I could really keep going but I'll try hard to make it a "TOP 10"

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, I can't believe its really been ten years. Evidence of God's grace in your list hon... :) so good to see!