CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tea Time

I am officially a tea drinker. A year ago I would never have seen myself adapting to the culture of afternoon tea time. Yes, I've always enjoyed a cup of tea but maybe had it once a month in the states. The ritual seemed a bit victorian and stuffy. But now that I've bought into the practice I can understand and look forward to the "event" of it. Every afternoon when the boys go down for their naps I heat up a cup of green tea (trying to go healthy:) put my 3 tea biscuits on a plate...you have to include this accessory...sit down with my Bible and enjoy immense amounts of pleasure from my 3 minutes of tea sipping...i drink fast:) I'm not sure if the tradition originated with Indians or Britons but I'm thankful to whoever invented tea time and cookies to go with it:)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

yay for tea time! I love tea!

LaurenMZ said...

Hi Colette! I have been keeping up with your blog through my mom and Kath, and I just started one recently but Chris really wanted it to be private - I'll have to invite you to read! Email me at laurenzugaro@yahoo.com.

We just got back from a trip to China, and even though I enjoyed tea before we left, I REALLY loved it afterward! It is such a treat.