CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Trauma for Corban..and Momma

Two days before we were set to fly back to India Corban broke his arm!--and I was alone with the boys! I won't tell the whole story b/c i feel like a terrible mom...but let's just say the song "10 little monkies jumpin' on the bed" is true!! I'm not sure who it was more traumatic for...Corban or me. I've never had nor witnessed a broken bone so this "first" was quite shaking for me. Corban seemed to put the ordeal behind him quickly but if I relive the images in my mind it makes me shutter. I just try not to "go there". We went to the hospital in an ambulance and spent most of the night in the E.R. Thank goodness for my grandmother who took care of the other two boys and my aunt who stayed with me at the hopsital! I can't imagine having to bring the other 2 boys with me to the E.R. for hours.

Corban was in pain the next day but after that he didn't complain at all and we were able to go home on our scheduled flight. He did great--no pain! Praise the Lord! I must say that I was already dreading the long solo flight, and the added pressure of a broken arm patient made me cry (literally) when we entered the security gate at the airport:) But the Lord was so good--besides being a long journey and Kai intermittingly yelping:), it was pretty uneventful. Thankfully Kai forgot that he took many strolls crawling down the aisle on our way to the u.s.!! He didn't even try to do that this time. And he slept for 7 hours straight!
We were so happy to see Brian--it was way too long to be apart. Thankfully for the boys and me it was 5 weeks of furious fun! We definitely had the better end of the deal:) Now we are trying to adjust to India time--it takes about 2 weeks (for kids). We were up at 4 am this morning:) Party time. Thank goodness for Diet Pepsi in India.

We had calmed down a bit by this point...enough to take a memorial picture.



3 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh wow!!!! So....you were away from Brian for FIVE wks??? And you flew to India w/ all 3 kids ALONE??? You are definitely made from different mold! : ) That's AMAZING! : )

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Corban's broken arm. What a way to leave the States. I think moms feel the pain and trama longer than the hurt child does. You are a great Mom! Don't feel bad about what happened forgive yourself move on and enjoy you boys active life. May you both have a speedy recovery! Irma Smythe

Melissa said...

Poor Corban...although he looks pretty proud of that sling :). Must be a boy thing...and your not a bad mom by ANY definition...boys will be boys...love ya!