CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

OFFICIALLY

This week:
We are OFFICIALLY BUCKET BATHERS! Week 1 of conserving water at bath time. The great thing about a bucket bath is it also makes me thankful for hot water. Many people have to take COLD bucket baths. I don't know that I'm that conservative yet to not heat the water:)
Kai is OFFICIALLY diaper-free!!!!! Minus bed time, but that doesn't count to me:) He's had 3 days of outings and has come home dry every time! Praise the Lord!! Up until now I wasn't ruling out that he might be 5 before this happened:) Today we went to the "big" toy store in Bangalore to pick out a "big" toy to motivate him to do #2 on the toilet. 5 times = big toy. He went in his underwear after we got home:DI am OFFICIALLY closer to 40 than I am 30. I hit 36 on Thursday:) I had an amazing day with Brian and the boys. They made me feel like a queen. I'm feeling the weight of my blessings this year, knowing that many of the people around me do not get to celebrate their birthdays--they have to go to work and do the same hard labor they do every other day of the year. And many probably don't know the exact date they were born. Ironically, even with this sober appreciation, I had the most indulgent birthday to date:) My sweet husband took the day off. I had an amazing cake from my dear friend Sini and I ate as much as I wanted:) Had Subway for lunch (a rare occurrence for me here), a pedicure and head massage at a spa that I love and celebrated my third year at Hard Rock Cafe! To top it off my hubby and boys showered me with gifts, balloons, party hats and I didn't have to cook all day! Woohoo! I am so blessed and I am so thankful to be alive and healthy with a wonderful family to share life with. Who cares about getting old, right?!:D

1 comments:

Melissa said...

All right, Kai! and Happy Birthday, Colette! Nathan is just about done with diapers too. :)