CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Nigeria + India= Church



















For the past few weeks our church has been blessed to have some special visitors. A group of over 250 Nigerian students has moved to Bangalore to study IT (computer software).
50 of those students are staying in a guest house directly across the street from our church. Many of these male students, along with female students staying in another dormitory, are Christians. So now they are attending our church for the next year!! Our church went from fully Indian to 1/2 Indian 1/2 Nigerian in one week!! It is so cool.

This past Sunday, 4 of the students led a worship song in their native tongue for the church. Tears were streaming down my face as I listened to their beautiful language and felt how "alive" the song was! They were not timid at all and the students sitting in the pews sang along and one by one stood up, clapping and swaying. I wanted to jump up in my seat and say "YES! Can I dance and shout to the Lord with you?!!!" It was a glimpse of heaven--singing praises in all languages and I know there will be dancing and clapping there too!!

I really hope they get to come up front again to sing--i just hope i don't cry every time:)

0 comments: